vBulletin importer replies show incorrect author
|Reported by:||anointed||Owned by:|
I started getting a lot of people telling me that they were finding posts that were under different peoples names that belonged to them. This lead me to check the integrity of the importer, and sure enough, there are problems ALL OVER THE PLACE!
Here is what I do know, from just testing 1 reply, and I have hundreds of these.
On the vbulletin side (original import information for 1 post)
postid 315513 threadid 65570 username christythompson userid 5783 dateline 1349317184 parentid 315511 userid 6534 username ayesha user: christythompson userid 5783
The above tells me that I have a post #315513 which is a reply belonging to thread id 315511.
The User who wrote this post is 5783 (christythompson)
*The Post shows user ayesha wrote this on the front-end*
On the WordPress import side:
user_login christythompson ID 5078 user_login ayesha ID 5783 user_login ayesha1 ID 5826 email imported_ ***POSTS TABLE*** ID 309363 post_author 5783
What this is:
I searched for the same post as above in vbulletin. the Post ID in this case is 309363 and the post author is 5783
*Just like in vb*
The PROBLEM is that user 5783 in WordPress is not christythompson but is Ayesha.
I noticed that I had some email addresses in my system that were as follows
I had 440 of these imported_ addresses in my system.
When I check the vbulletin database there are 0 email addresses with imported_ in the url.
My best guess is that because WordPress does not like duplicate email addresses, that it is adding an imported_ in there, and is thus throwing off the user count?
Because the user christythompson user_id 5783 in vbulletin is user_login 5078 in WordPress, then there is no way that any of her posts can be correct.
I went through and checked about 100 of these user accounts now, and there is NO correlation that I can find as to how much the user_id numbers are off. I was hoping that all the users would be like -200, or +253 or something like that, but they are all different. I have seen differences ranging from 696 to 812 on the user_id from what it should be to what it is, and that was only with limited testing.
The importer does not work at all. While the data is input into the system, you cannot trust any of the user ids to match properly.
Change History (15)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 2.2
- Summary changed from Importer imported topics and replies under wrong author to vBulletin importer replies show incorrect author
comment:10 netweb — 14 months ago
- Keywords needs-testing added; reporter-feedback removed
- Version changed from 2.1 to 2.2.3