BuddyPress: User Roles Blog Creation Error
|Reported by:||communicatorsinaction||Owned by:|
|Component:||Extend - BuddyPress||Keywords:|
When an existing user creates a blog in BuddyPress, they are assigned a role of "none" on their new site and cannot access their dashboard as a result.
- Enter a BuddyPress/bbPress site with a Subscriber (or similar) role and create a blog through the front end ("/blogs/create/")
- Go to the dashboard of your new site (as the same user) and you will receive the "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page" message.
- Viewing the users on the site reveals that the site creator has been assigned a role of "none"
- Deactivate bbPress and the issue disappears
This defect does not occur when a user creates a blog and an account at the same time, only when an existing user creates a blog.
Change History (3)
- Summary changed from BuddyPress: User Roles and Blog Creation to BuddyPress: User Roles Blog Creation Error